This course introduces the students to the fundamentals of logic formulation together with their implementation in the C programming language.
- Introduce C programming language to the students as a problem solving tool.
- Solve problems using an effective algorithm.
- Familiarize programming techniques translatable in other programming languages.
Credits: 4 units
Course Requirement: Solutions to Laboratory Exercises
Laboratory Activity Sheets
- Introduction to Computers
- Programming Fundamentals
- Control Structures
- Functions and Structured Programming
- Characters and String
- C Structures
- C File Processing
- Assignments (10%)
- Quizzes (15%)
- Laboratory Exercises (15%)
- Participation (10%)
- Examination (50%)
- C How to Program By Deitel and Deitel
- Turbo C/C++ The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt
- You are only allowed five absences for a 4-unit subject. If you go beyond the limit, you will be dropped from the class before the 2nd trinal or will get a failing mark during the 3rd trinal.
- Fifteen minutes late and beyond will be considered absent. Three cases of tardiness are already considered an absence.
- Students are responsible to contact the instructor ASAP if there are Institutional Acceptable reasons (e.g. Illness etc.).
Note: Please review what is stipulated in your Student’s Handbook regarding Class Attendance
Submission of Works
- You are reminded to submit your requirements on time. Points will be deducted for late submission of requirements.
- Laboratory Exercises, Quizzes, and Seatworks should be finished on time.
For other Academic Rules and Regulations, you are encouraged to read your Student’s Handbook.