Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Bro. Ted and I am So Sorry!

I woke up so early yesterday at 4:00am so that I can come to school at 4:30am for the traditional "manyanita" in honor of our birthday celebrant Bro. Ted. It was my first time to participate in that kind of tradition wherein we serenaded our dear Brother.

May 25, 2009 is a very special day because Bro. Ted is celebrating his 62nd birthday. He is so blessed to reach that age knowing that Filipino life expectancy slowly deteriorates. I cannot even imagine myself reaching 62 if I will not change my lifestyle specially my eating habits.

After the "manyanita", at 6:00am, I decided to stay in school. I surfed the net while waiting for the 8:30 am mass. The mass was attended by NDKC employees and few alumni. It was presided by Rev. Fr. Allan Sasi, DCK who was also a former RE instructor of NDKC.

The mass was followed by a program. I was the master of ceremony but I have to say that it was the worst program I have ever attended. I was the "master" of ceremony but I really did not know what to do. I am sorry to give this remark. I also have my faults but honestly I was emceeing in the dark. Someone else knows the program more than me and I was not given a clear instruction. I even didn't know that Bro. Ted will be delivering his message.

I was really frustrated because I personally believe that Bro. Ted deserves the best birthday program considering that he will already be leaving NDKC as President.

I learned a lot from that experience. As an "emcee" I should have exerted efforts in knowing ahead of time what really will happen in the program considering that NO program invitation was printed yesterday. I was told that it will be a "spontaneous program" but spontaneity doesn't mean you don't have to print or to be particular with the details of the program.

I am also to be blamed for letting my self be in that situation or for letting that situation happen. Sorry if yesterday I left shortly after the lunch. What I have posted here is just half of what I have experienced yesterday.

Belated Happy Birthday Bro. Ted and I am so sorry. Thank you for the three fruitful years you have shared with us as a President and as a Brother. I have to admit I did not reach your expectations in my tenure as a former Alumni Coordinator but I still would like to thank you for the trust and confidence you have given me.

We will all miss you Bro. Ted!

No comments:

Post a Comment